TECHNICIAN - GENOMICS UNIT
Deadline for application
- Educational background in biology.
- Previous experience accomplishing related tasks with the job position
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Proficient in writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- Organized, proactive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
What we offer
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Contract details will take into account the track record of the candidate.
- Temporary position.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- (Epi)genomic analysis
- (Epi)genomic profile (whole exome sequencing-WES and DNA methylation microarrays)
- Transcriptomic (by RNA-seq)
The Genomics Unit at IJC aims to provide scientific services to the IJC community as well as to external researchers. Several technologies have been implemented in the Unit to assess relevant genomic and epigenomic features in order to unravel basic molecular mechanisms of disease, and contribute to discover therapeutic targets and biomarkers.
Please also visit our unit webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject of the message: REF.: TCH_DA_27
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by May 21st, 2020.