SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - PROTEOMICS UNIT
Deadline for application
What we need
- Certificate of Higher Education in Chemistry.
- You have experience in mass spectrometry and biomedical/chemical research.
- You have working experience in a Proteomics Unit related to biomedical research (min. 1 year).
- You have experience in industry and quality systems (e.g. ISO 9001 environments)
- Rigor, strong work discipline, team player, motivation, initiative-taking, punctual andreliable.
- Language’s skills: fluent command of English.
- Additional Skills: Analytical skills and critical thinking, capability of working independently and in a team, good communication skills and fluency in English, good skills with office automation and data analysis software and advanced courses in proteomics and mass spectrometry
Applications are invited for the position of Proteomics Technician to support senior facility staff with facility operations, on-going proteomics services.
We are looking for highly motivated and organized candidates with previous experience in, proteomics or similar analytical techniques. Candidates must have good communication skills, capable of working in a group, and with a high degree of work autonomy.
The facility offers a full range of proteomic and mass spectrometry-based services that include:
- Quality control and quality assessment, inventory maintenance, laboratory purchases, and elaborate service quotations among other administrative tasks
- Protein extraction and protein quantification
- Protein digestion using different approaches such as gel digestion, liquid digestion, and FASP digestion procedures.
- Different PTMs enrichment like as phosphorylation, acetylation
- Label peptide using iTRAQ/TMT approach.
What we offer
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic, and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Badalona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and Autonomous University of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) ICO-GTIP. The IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent working environment built around an excellent environment and state-of-the-art facilities.
For further information, please, visit our webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en and the Josep Carreras nonprofit organization: https://www.fcarreras.org/en
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favours the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is working to become a reference institute to apply precision medicine to leukaemia using different OMICs approaches. The aim of IJC is to promote a competitive proteomics facility that gives support for translational research.
Proteomics techniques have been successfully applied in translational medicine studies and help move towards personalized medicine. Our proteomics unit is involved in various biomedical research areas, giving both scientific and technological support to internal and external researchers and clinicians.
To have access to state-of-the-art technology, we have a collaboration agreement with some public institutions that belong to the Proteomics Spanish Society (ProteoRed – ISCIII).
Please also visit our group webpage:
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 25th December 2021.