SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Deadline for application
What we need
- Degree in software engineering/ development or computer science
- Experience in web development, e.g. front-end and back-end frameworks Laravel, Angular, React or Vue
- Knowledge of Node.js/Express, Java Servlet.
- Experience in database design and implementation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledge of R language
- Familiarity with software control version
- English level: upper-intermediate.
- High level of motivation
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Proactive and team worker.
- Interest in biological data is a plus
- Develop and maintain the unit’s data management system
- Develop and maintain web applications for data visualization and data integration.
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines.
- Automatize data integration across databases and platforms.
- Interact with researchers and bioinformaticians
What we offer
-This is a structural vacancy. Once the recruitment process for the candidate who will finally fill the vacancy has been completed, the employment contract will be made under the terms allowed by the budgetary rules in force at the time, with a view to stability.
- Full time
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
The Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in 4 clinical campuses: i) Hospital Clínic, ii) Hospital de Sant Pau and iii) Hospital Germans Trías and iv) Pujol and Hospital del Mar. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Josep Carreras Research Institute is looking for a Software developer (Specialist Technician) who supports the Bioinformatics Unit by developing and maintaining the IT architecture and tools for the integration of clinical and molecular data available in the institute with other platforms and researchers.
The Bioinformatics Unit at IJC provides both IJC and external researchers with high-quality computational analysis services covering all the project aspects related to clinical and biological data. This includes experimental design for NGS or microarray experiments, statistical consulting, NGS and microarray data analysis and integration, scientific database management and software design and implementation. We also provide training on different bioinformatics topics as well as usage of HPC (high-performance computing) resources.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemia’s will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com including the reference: ST_AM_106.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by December 6th, 2021