SCIENTIST POSITION (CELLULAR/MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST OR IMMUNOLOGIST)
Número de puestos
Fecha límite de inscripción
What we need
We are looking for someone with strong and proven expertise in at least one of these areas:
- Molecular biology and gene editing
- Cell therapy and immunotherapy
- Degree in experimental sciences.
- PhD in life sciences.
- Experience in leukemia or cancer research.
- Experience in mouse models and animal experimentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others as a team player.
- Good oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Good command of English
- Development of the tasks included in the project Next-generation CAR-DOT cells for allogeneic adoptive cancer immunotherapy and The CANCERNA Project.
- Project and experimental design.
- Hands on optimization and implementation of in vitro and in vivo experiments or computational pipelines and/or in silico analysis.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Manuscript, grant, and report writing.
What we offer
- To work in an excellent scientific environment in Barcelona.
- A 6-year research contract (potential renew upon performance and funding availability).
- The contract is linked to the project Next-generation CAR-DOT cells for allogeneic adoptive cancer immunotherapy.
- Starting date: Before January 2023
- A salary commensurate with expertise and qualifications
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona dedicated to advancing the understanding of leukemia and related disorders, in collaboration with the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in 4 clinical campuses: i) Hospital Clínic, ii) Hospital de Sant Pau and iii) Hospital Germans Trias and iv) Pujol and Hospital del Mar. IJC serves as a collaborative center for basic researchers and physicians to work together on fundamental clinical and biological aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment based on a multidisciplinary fusion of state-of-the-art ideas and facilities.
The Menendez´s Laboratory is located at the School of Medicine, Hospital Clinic in the city center. It is comprised by 15 excellent pre-clinical (wet) scientists at different stages of their careers (from PhDs to Senior Research Associates). Our main research interests are two-fold: i) to understand the etiology and pathogenesis of pediatric acute leukemias (both lymphoid and myeloid), and ii) to develop innovative T-cell immunotherapies for leukemia and sarcoma. Our lab uses cutting-edge technologies including human primary samples, animal models and xenografts, T-cell biology, hybridoma and CAR T-cell development, CRISPR-based gene editing, pluripotent stem cells and gastruloids etc. The group is a well-established and dynamic, constantly seeking scientific excellence and bench-to-bedside translational knowledge. We are funded by national and international agencies. Very important, we are affiliated to CIBERONC, TERAV (Red Española de Terapias Avanzadas), SEHOP (Spanish Society of Pediatric Hemato-Oncology) and ReALLNet (Spanish working group of relapsed/refractory acute leukemia patients).
We are searching for a highly motivated researcher interested in answering basic and translational biological questions in close collaboration with preclinical and clinical scientists.
The selected candidate will be involved in 2 projects:
- Project Next-generation CAR-DOT cells for allogeneic adoptive cancer immunotherapy , funded by “la Caixa” Foundation (ID 100010434) under the agreement LCF/PR/HR19/
- The CANCERNA project, that receives funding from the European Union's Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No 101057250.”
Please also visit our group webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
For further information, please, visit our webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en and the Josep Carreras non-profit organization: https://www.fcarreras.org/en
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Presentación de las candidaturas
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume, and a cover letter (incl. the research interest contact details of two referees) to email@example.comDr. Pablo Menendez firstname.lastname@example.org, including the reference REF.: SP_PM_75 in the email subject.
Informal queries may also be addressed to Dr. Menendez. Please clearly state “scientist position REF.: SP_PM_75” in the subject of your e-mail.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by 11th September 2022