RESEARCH TECHNICIAN - EPIGENETIC CONTROL OF HAEMATOPOIESIS
Deadline for application
What we need
- MSc in a Biomedical Sciences
- At least 3 years-experience in lab work
- Accreditation for animal work
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in English
Experience in molecular biology (Genomics and Epigenetics):
- DNA, RNA and protein isolation
- Real Time PCR
- Western Blot
- Chromatin and DNA immunoprecipitation techniques
Experience in cell culture:
- Retroviral and lentiviral cell culture production and infections
- Stable cell line generation
Experience in animal work:
- Mouse colony management
- Bone marrow extraction and isolation of hematopoietic cells.
- Experience in flow cytometry analysis and cell sorting.
- Lab manager daily tasks.
- Preparation of lab reagents.
- Support in research activities.
What we offer
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Starting date: January 2022
- Full time
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
The Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in 4 clinical campuses: i) Hospital Clínic, ii) Hospital de Sant Pau and iii) Hospital Germans Trías and iv) Pujol and Hospital del Mar. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
IJC Can Ruti is looking for a Research Technician to provide scientific support to the Epigenetic Control of Haematopoiesis group led by Dr. José Luis Sardina.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemia’s will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favours the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com including the reference: RT_JS_108.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by December 15th, 2021.