LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - CANCER EPIGENETICS GROUP
Deadline for application
What we need
- Educational background in biology or a related field (training cycle or higher degree)
- Excellent organizational, management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teamwork in a dynamic environment and to handle varying workloads.
- Responsible, proactive, and self-motivated, able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Proficient in English and in MS Office Suite.
- Manage reagent, material, and equipment stocks in the laboratory.
- Manage the group’s cell line banks (Working Cell Bank and Master Cell Bank), recording information related to cell line origin, status, storage and stock.
- Organize cleaning shifts of common spaces and distribute responsibilities among the group staff.
- Elaborate guidelines for new equipment and external services.
- Management of samples, reagents, material and data of the personnel who leave the group.
- Check the operating status of the laboratory equipment and manage its reparation in coordination with the Lab Managing Unit, if required.
- Provide occasional support to the Purchasing Unit in orders management and eventual supply problems.
- Preparation of common buffers.
What we offer
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Contract details will consider the track record of the candidate.
- Temporary position.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favours the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
The Genomics Unit at IJC aims to provide scientific services to the IJC community as well as to external researchers. Several technologies have been implemented in the Unit to assess relevant genomic and epigenomic features to unravel basic molecular mechanisms of disease and contribute to discover therapeutic targets and biomarkers.
This contract will be funded by the project ACRCelerate: Colorectal Cancer Stratified Medicine Network (A26825 / GEACC18004TAB) financed by the Fundación Científica Asociación Española contra el Cáncer (Accelerator Awards)
Please also visit our unit webpage:
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com in the subject of the message: REF.: TCH_ME_11.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by February 15th, 2022.