INTERNATIONAL JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Deadline for application
What we need
- Bachelor’s Degree, it would be an asset in Economic or Finance (other areas also accepted if proven working experience in project financial management).
- Min 1 year experience in managing and/or auditing competitive research projects. Desired experience in biomedical projects.
- Knowledge of the financial rules of European programs (mainly Horizon 2020 and future Horizon Europe) will be an asset.
- Proficiency level in English; fluency in other languages will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of Office 365, high level of excel will be an asset.
- Desirable competences: Communication and communicative skills, Team working, objective, and customer-oriented skills; high performance capacity, outstanding listening, and high level of interest.
- Will be advantageous: Ability to work under deadlines and handle varying workloads with high responsibility and independency; positive attitude and be able to work with many different internal and external collaborators with different professional profiles.
What we offer
- One project contract for two years
- An exciting and innovative project to manage.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Financial follow-up of the international ongoing research projects of the Institute.
- Preparation of financial reports and financial audits
- Establish a fluid communication with the funding institutions, other institutions, and Josep Carreras’s Group Leaders
- Participation in another transversal task of the unit when required.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is looking for an International Júnior Project Manager to increase international cooperation at the institute.
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research andfirmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject of the message: REF.: IJPM_AG_100.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by November 24th, 2021