RESEARCH ASSISTANT - EPIGENETIC CONTROL OF HAEMATOPOIESIS
Deadline for application
- MSc in Biomedical Sciences.
- High level of motivation and interest.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous experience in molecular and cellular biology
- Experience in molecular biology:
o DNA, RNA, and protein extraction.
o Real-Time PCR.
o Western Blot.
o Chromatin and DNA immunoprecipitation.
- Experience in cell culture:
o Retroviral and lentiviral cell culture production and infection.
o Stable cell line generation.
- Experience in flow cytometry (staining, use of the cytometer, and data analysis by Flowjo).
- Preparation of lab reagents.
- Support in daily research activities.
What we offer
- Temporary position.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications
- Preferential start date: 1 September 2020
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute Can Ruti is looking for a Research Assistant to provide scientific support to the Epigenetic Control of Hematopoiesis group lead by Dr. Jose Luis Sardina.
For more information, please also visit our group webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference REF.: RA_JS_37.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by August 23rd, 2020.