Deadline for application
What we need
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- PhD degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required). Spanish (helpful).
-Experience managing ITN projects.
- Manage an international consortium.
- Write reports.
- Establish a fluid communication with the EU project officer.
- Organize events.
- Liaise with international PhD students.
What we offer
- Temporary position.
- An exciting and innovative project to manage.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- Manage a group of international world-wide laboratories
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
Our research is devoted to study the biology of the endothelium and its role in disease towards the development of therapeutic strategies to target this compartment. Specifically, we aim to untackel the fundamental insigths of vessel growth and function in developmental setting as well as to identify the pathological contexts in which the vasculature plays a critical role either intrinsically, as in vascular anomalies, or extrinsically as in cancer.
Please also visit our unit webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com in the subject of the message: REF.: PM_MG_49.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by June 30th, 2021.