Deadline for application
- Previous experience accomplishing related tasks with the job position.
- Educational background in biology.
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Proficient in writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- Organized, proactive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Research the transcriptome of human AML in paired diagnostically-relapsed samples.
- To analyze the role of HIF as a therapeutic target in AML.
- To lead the MLL-AF4 project on the umbilical cord and fetal liver.
What we offer
- Temporary position.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area
We welcome applications from outstanding researchers eager to study Stem cell biology, developmental leukemia and immunotherapy, at Research Group of Dr. Pablo Menéndez for the Postdoctoral Researcher position.
Our lab studies human pluripotent stem cells (hESCs and iPSCs) and human multipotent stem cells (hematopoietic and mesenchymal) derived from different tissue sources in order to understand the intrinsic and extrinsic factors, and developmentally conserved pathways, driving blood endothelium and mesenchymal differentiation. We are also actively involved in modeling t(4;11) MLL-AF4+ Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (with special interest in deciphering the cell-of-origin and cooperating oncogenic events) as well as other hematological malignances using cord blood-derived HSPCs and hESC/hiPSC-derived blood derivatives. In parallel, we are also studying the contribution of MSCs to hematological malignances and sarcomas.
Please also visit our group webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org the referencePDR_PM_48.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by November 10th, 2020.