POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH - LYMPHOCYTE DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASE
Deadline for application
What we need
- PhD degree.
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Committed scientist with a competitive scientific record and experience in cellular and molecular biology, epigenetics, B cell biology, flow cytometry and in conditional knockout mouse models.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required).
What we offer
- Temporary position.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
The candidate will be hired to collaborate in our project devoted to the improvement of current therapies for DLBCL patients.
- Experimental design in discussion with other lab members.
- Diffused lymphoma-based 3D organoid’s development to study the role of HDAC7 in this disease.
- Perform cellular and molecular in vitro and in vivo experiments.
- Validate chemical compounds and new targets to complement current lymphoma therapies.
IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Lymphocyte Development and Disease group, led by Dr Maribel Parra, aims to define the gene silencing mechanisms underlaying normal and aberrant B cell development. In particular, the work of the lab focuses on the role HDAC7 in the generation of B lymphocytes. The project associated to this call aims to study the mechanisms of action of HDAC7 during terminal B cell differentiation and its potential deregulation in Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL). The group is part of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), an independent biomedical research institute (CERCA) focused in biomedical research and personalized medicine in the field of malignant blood diseases, especially leukemia.
Please also visit our unit webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
For further information, please, visit our webpage: http://www.carrerasresearch.org/en and the Josep Carreras non-profit organization: https://www.fcarreras.org/en
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com indicating in the subject of the message: REF.: PR_MP_71
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by December 16th, 2020.