POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH - 3D CHROMATIN ORGANIZATION
Deadline for application
What we need
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational biology or similar.
- Expertise on analysis of ChIP-seq/CUT&Run, Hi-C, Capture and Hi-C, RNA-seq and ATAC-seq.
- In addition, knowledge of haematopoiesis will be a plus.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required). Spanish (helpful).
What we offer
- Temporary position. Salary will be adjusted according to the experience of the candidate.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- We will provide support and training to prepare competitive fellowship applications (e.g., Marie Curie, EMBO, FEBS, HFSP among others)
- She/he will be part of the multidisciplinary research team of the project “Wellcome Leap -> Exhibit B - Engineering human B cells using synthetic biology and tissue engineering”.
- Specifically, she/he will contribute to the analysis of GWAS and WES data associated with blood diseases in the context of the 4D epigenetic data.
- She/he will supervise students and support grant applications.
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher be part of the multidisciplinary research team of the project “Wellcome Leap -> Exhibit B - Engineering human B cells using synthetic biology and tissue engineering”
We are a group of passionate scientists with an insatiable thirst for learning about spatio-temporal organization of the DNA. Our group combines cutting-edge experimental and bioinformatics approaches to understand the specific 3D chromatin organization of haematopoietic cells and its alteration in blood cancers. Our long-term goal is to keep taking steps forwards in the fight against cancer. We will be unstoppable until we cure it. To do so, we have established a close collaboration with the group lead by Alfonso Valencia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (https://www.bsc.es/).
The main research goals of our lab are:
- Defining the cell type-specific 3D chromatin organization in human haematopoietic cells.
- Identifying the altered DNA topology in blood cancer
- Study non-coding mutations to prioritize new candidate genes and pathways related to blood cancer based
For more information, please contract 3D Chromatin Organization Research Group's webpage (https://www.javierrelab.com/)and the IJC web page (https://www.carrerasresearch.org/en/3d-chromatin-organization_78766).
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukaemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukaemia and other malignant haematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukaemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com in the subject of the message: REF.: PR_BJ_43.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by 5th June, 2021.