PHD STUDENT STATISTICS AND BIOINFORMATICS
Deadline for application
What we need
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biomedicine or similar.
- Master’s degree in Bioinformatics and/or Biostatistics.
- Availability to work in the epidemiology of hematological neoplasms.
- Motivation to work in a team.
- Capacity for analysis and supervision.
- Excellent level of oral and written English.
- Previous experience in programming languages and databases: R, sql.
- Rigor, strong work discipline, team player, motivation, initiative-taking, punctual and reliable.
- Knowledge on web applications implementation.
- Knowledge on machine learning models.
- To carry out research tasks in the field of the specific project mentioned in the introduction.
- Active participation in the design and drafting of projects funded by calls for proposals in national or international projects.
- To implement interactive web applications that contains an epidemiological information system for haematological neoplasms in Spain.
- To develop machine learning models using the local and national databases of hematological malignancies.
- Writing articles with the results of the studies.
What we offer
- A PhD position staring in February 2022.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Full-time contract.
- Temporary contract.
The Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital and iv)Dr. Josep Trueta University Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
The Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute – Girona, needs to incorporate a PhD Student in Statistics and Bioinformatics in the research of epidemiology of hematological malignancies.
Information regarding the Group Leader, composition of the research team, lines of research of the group and competitive funding can be found here:Epidemiologia descriptiva, genètica i prevenció del càncer - CAT - IDIBGI
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference REF: PHD_RM_04.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by February 10th, 2022.