PhD STUDENT - EPIGENETIC CONTROL OF HAEMATOPOIESIS
Deadline for application
What we need
- Master title (or equivalent) in Biomedical Sciences.
- Competitive academic record to apply for local/European scholarships.
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Fluent in English.
- Previous research experience in:
· Basic molecular biology: Cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, Western blot.
· Epigenetics/Genomics: Chromatin and DNA immunoprecipitation (ChIP/DiP).
· Cell biology: Cell culture, primary cell isolation, transfection, infection, immunofluorescence, Flow Cytometry…
· Animal work: Accreditation required.
· Advanced level in data analysis (Excel, R, Phyton…).
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
What we offer
- 3-years predoctoral position.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Incorporation Q4 2021
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute Can Ruti is looking for a Research Assistant to provide scientific support to the Epigenetic Control of Hematopoiesis group lead by Dr. Jose Luis Sardina.
Epigenetic Control of Haematopoiesis Group is working to uncover the molecular mechanisms governing blood cell fate decisions, with a special interest in those leading to the onset of clonal haematopoiesis and myeloid malignancies (AML, MDS, CMML…) during ageing. To address this goal, they are combining transcriptome (by RNA-seq) and epigenomic profiling (by WG(ox)BS-seq, ATAC-seq and ChIP-seq for histone marks) in human and mouse primary blood samples with in-depth molecular studies (by CRISPR/Cas9 (epi)genome editing) in unique cellular models of experimentally induced blood cell fate conversions.
Please also visit our group webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukemias and other malignant hematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) firstname.lastname@example.org including the reference PHD_JS_53.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by July 30th, 2021.