Deadline for application
What we need
- A high level of motivation and interest.
- Graduated as a Lab Technician.
- Previous experience in primary and comercial cell lines culture, fluorescent mycroscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Good level of English speaking and writing skills (required). Spanish (helpful).
What we offer
- A temporary and position.
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
- Contract details will be negotiated and take into account the track record of the candidate.
- Cell culture mantainance of endothelial primary and comercial lines.
- The study of endothelial damage and complement dysregulation in vitro and in vivo.
- Organization of plasma and sera samples collection.
- Inventory maintenance, laboratory purchases, and elaborate service quotations among other administrative tasks.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a nonprofit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is looking for a Laboratory Technician to provide scientific support to the Barcelona Endothelium Team (BET) group lead by Dr. Enric Carreras.
The Barcelona Endothelium Team (BET) is a research group that has dedicated many years to the study of the endothelium and endothelial damage in various pathologies. One of our most productive lines is devoted to the characterization of endothelial damage in the context of both autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). In this framework, we are deepening our knowlege of the mechanisms involved in endothelial dysfunction, the role of the endothelium in the development of some complications observed after HSCT, and the search of pharmaceutical agents that could protect the endothelia and consequently prevent these complications.
Please also visit our group webpage:
Who we are?
Our mission is to carry out research into the basic, epidemiological, preventive, clinical and translational aspects of leukemia and other hematologic malignancies.
The vision of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is that research will identify new therapeutic targets and enable us to develop more precise and less aggressive treatments. We aspire to understand the origin and development of leukemias and other malignant hematological pathologies in order to be able to prevent them. We will work for a future in which all leukemias will be curable.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies-
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and (incl. the contact details of two referees) email@example.com including the reference LT_EC_28
Deadline for applications
Please submit your application by April 23th, 2021.