LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – SINGLE CELLS UNIT
Deadline for application
What we need
- Educational background in biology or a related field (training cycle or higher degree)
- Experience in molecular biology procedures such as PCR, RT-qPCR, and DNA/RNA purification procedures.
- Excellent organizational, management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teamwork in a dynamic environment and to handle varying workloads.
- Responsible, proactive, and self-motivated, able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Proficient in English and in MS Office Suite.
- Sample processing for single cell sequencing applications.
- Preparation of sequencing libraries for next generation sequencing.
- Sectioning of embedded tissues with cryostat/microtome for further microscopy analysis.
- Implementation of new protocols.
- Keeping audit trails of the work performed, writing and keeping up-to-date documentation such as Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes.
- Stock and orders management.
What we offer
- Incorporation in a multinational and highly collaborative team.
- An exciting and innovative research project.
- Contract details will consider the track record of the candidate.
- Temporary position.
- Working in the mixed basic and clinical research environment of the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute.
- The stimulating environment of the Barcelona metropolitan area.
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a non-profit research institute based in Barcelona and dedicated to advancing our understanding about leukaemia and related disorders, in partnership with the University of Barcelona and University Autònoma of Barcelona. The IJC has laboratories in three clinical campuses: i) Clinic Hospital, ii) Sant Pau Hospital and iii) Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital. IJC serves as a collaborative hub for basic investigators and physicians to work together on fundamental biological and clinical aspects of leukaemia. The IJC offers an excellent work environment built around a multi-disciplinary fusion of ideas and state-of-the-art facilities.
The European Commission awarded the IJC the HR Excellence seal in July 2019. The IJC continues to work to maintain its policies in line with the Charter and Code principles.
The HRS4R has the main objective of ensuring that research centers of excellence implement and respect the requirements of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for hiring researchers (from here on referred to as the Charter and Code) within their human resources policies.
This EC initiative aims to promote training, professional development, and mobility for all European scientists. The IJC supports these values and principles, which will not only serve to strengthen its internal policies but will actively stimulate excellent research and firmly situate the organization as an institution with a stimulating working environment that favors the development of its scientists.
IJC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
The mission of the Single Cell Unit is to facilitate academic research by offering services based on cutting-edge single-cell and spatial genomics technologies.
Single-cell genomics represent a powerful tool for the analysis of complex tissues and have significantly advanced our knowledge in basic and clinical sciences. The Single Cell Unit will provide support to the scientific community through the most advanced technology for single-cell analysis.
The unit belongs to the scientific and technical services (SCT) of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute and represents one of the new strategic research lines of our institution.
Please also visit our unit webpage:
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (incl. the contact details of two referees) to email@example.com in the subject of the message: REF.: TCH_DA_123.
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by January 31th, 2022.