Torres Quevedo candidate in Translational Genetics Haematology
Deadline for application
- Researcher previously awarded with a Juan de la Cierva or Ramon y Cajal contract and with a positive evaluation.
- Extensive experience in Human Genetics and Molecular/Cell biology.
- Genetic counselling master will be a plus
- Experience in the use of NGS, WES, WGS, CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing and mouse biology will be a plus.
- Knowledge of LIMS program (Progeny LIMS system or similar).
- Compulsory: Good track record of early achievements, including significant publications (as main author, impact factor >6) in major international peer reviewed scientific journals.
- International previous mobility will be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with other team members.
- Organized, hard-working person and proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
BLOODGENETICS, S.L. is a spin-off of recent creation (Nov 2016) dedicated to genetics and biochemical services in haematological diseases using the latest technology. BG is located in Esplugues de Llobregat, Barcelona, inside the SYNLAB-LABCO installations. We work in close collaboration with Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute. www.bloodgenetics.com
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher to join BLOODGENETICS with a 3-year Torres Quevedo contract. Research is done in joint collaboration with the Dr. Sanchez laboratory at IJC Campus Germans Trias i Pujol/ICO Badalona.
- Expansion of the portfolio of BLOODGENETICS, including the development of new NGS-targeted gene panels in haematology.
- Marketing tasks and report supervision.
- Design, implement and conduct experiments related to research in new genes implied in new haematological entities by doing WES, WGS, RNA expression experiments (Fluidigm platform) in patient samples.
- Conduct data analysis and prepare data for presentation in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings.
- Prepare protocols for SOP, PNTs and ISOs.
- Liaise with and coordinate experimental duties with medical Doctors from national and international Hospitals and with representatives of collaborative companies.
Place of presentation of the candidacies
What we offer
- To work in an excellent environment.
- 3-year research contract (upon a 6-month probationary period), salary depend on experience
- Starting date November/December 2018
For more information
For more information, please visit:
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV, motivation cover letter and references of three referees able to assess the scientific potential and previous performance to
Informal queries may also be addressed to Dr. Mayka Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE MENTION the REFERENCE in the subject of the mail or your application may not reach the right person.