Postdoc-computer scientist Position
Deadline for application
- Experimental design of the project.
- Prepare formal reports for oral and written presentations.
- Primary single-cell NGS data processing (mapping/quantification).
- Single-cell data analysis (application/development of scRNAseq tools).
- Data integration and interpretation.
- Experience with NGS data. Single-cell data analysis would be a plus.
- Background in statistical programming.
- Knowledge in computational biology.
- Capable of keeping up-to-date with scientific literature.
- Team player, organization and communication skills mandatory.
- Competitive CV to apply for external competitive funding is a must.
We look for a talented and dynamic postdoctoral fellow with extensive background/expertise in computer science and bioinformatics to lead a single cell RNA-sequencing project in the field of childhood acute leukemia.
The project is a joint endeavor between the “Developmental cancer and stem cell biology” team led by Dr. Pablo Menendez at Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Centre (IJC) and the “Single Cell Genomics” team led by Dr. Holger Heyn at the Spanish National Centre for Genomic Analysis (CNAG-CRG), both in Barcelona.
The project aims to resolve cellular heterogeneity and tissue composition by identifying cell type markers and tracking transcriptional dynamics in thousands of independent single cells obtained from acute leukemia patients at different stages of their disease.
The person joining the project is expected to develop computational pipelines and lead the computer science/bioinformatic analysis of the data in collaboration with cancer and translational cancer researchers. The candidate will lead this project integrated in the Single Cell Genomics Team at the CNAG-CRG, a highly collaborative, international work environment with well-experienced colleagues in single-cell data analysis. The candidate will be also responsible for supporting research in Pablo Menendez lab through RNA/DNA-seq data integration/interpretation of other leukemia-related projects in PM´s laboratory.
What we offer:
- The post is available from February 2018 in principle for 2 years. Renewal possible based on performance, leadership and available funding.
- Gross salary: 30.000 €uros plus social benefits.
- Full equipped labs with access to cutting-edge leukemia & genomics research
- Young and dynamic environment.
- Collaborative project and opportunities for networking & continuous training
For more information:
Dr. Pablo Menendez – IJC
Dr. Holger Heyn – CNAG
Place of presentation of the candidacies
How to apply:
PLEASE PUT THE REFERENCE in the subject of the mail or your application may not reach the right person.
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2018