Affymetrix Microarrays Platform (PAM)
Affymetrix® Microarrays Platform (PAM) is a service focused on DNA and RNA microarray solutions offered by Affymetrix, with the main goal to offer solutions towards a personalized medicine. We offer microarrays for expression and for cytogenetics studies, from the basic research to applied research and diagnosis.
PAM is an Affymetrix European Reference Group for Cytogenetic applications and participates annually in the Cytogenetic European Quality Assessment (CEQA).
Microarray studies can offer various solutions for cytogenetic applications:
- Detection of whole genome gains and losses at a high resolution.
- Analysis of whole genome absences of heterozygosity.
- SNPs genotyping and genome-wide association studies.
RNA Analysis Solution
Gene expression profile studies on either human or mouse are suitable for:
- Detection of genes and pathways involved in diseases, treatment responses and biological processes.
- Predictive models based on gene expression profiles.
- Pharmacogenomics and toxicogenomics studies.
- Alternative splicing detection.
- Classification of samples on gene signatures.
- Analysis of miRNA.
- Microarray analysis on compromised samples with degraded and/or low quantity samples.
Quality sample analysis
In addition, to the microarray procedure we also offer DNA and RNA quantification and quality control analysis.
- Affymetrix Research Platform: GCS3000 with autoloader
- Agilent Bioanalyzer 2100
- NanoDrop 2000 Spectrophotometer
A service request follows the following steps (link)
1- Contact us for an interview with the PI and other participants in the study. Please see the Contact section.
2- Service request sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and filling in the Service request form.
3- Quotation according the specific needs and type of users.
Type of users:
- Can Ruti Campus: Researchers from institutions of the IMPPC immediate surroundings (Institut de Investigació Germans Trias i Pujol and Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol; Institut de Investigació Josep Carreras, etc), or that belong to executive board institutions of the IMPPC Foundation (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, etc), as well as researchers who are involved in direct collaborations with IMPPC members and that pay through a shared source of funding.
- External Researchers from all other external public and private institutions.
4& 5- Once the quotation is accepted by the PI, samples will be delivered to the PAM filling in the Sample delivery form and following the samples delivery requirements. Sample extraction is done by the researcher.
6- The sample quality control is required to check that the input sample fulfill all the requirements.
7- Microarray procedure and sample hybridization.
8- Data analysis.
9- Delivery of the report by e-mail or in an interview discussing the results.