Nombre de places
- Excellent level of English
- Training and experience in accounting and financial management
- Proven record in top management positions and in supervising subordinates
- Tact and discretion, ability to deal with scientists, team work capacities
- Endurance to deal with bureaucratic procedures
- Knowledge of Spanish and Catalan
- Experience in the Catalan research sector
- Fund-raising experience
TheJosep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute is a foundation belonging to the Catalan public sector. It was founded jointly by the government of Generalitat de Catalunya and the Josep Carreras Private International Leukaemia Foundation in 2010.
Its mission is to fight against leukaemia and other blood malignant diseases by developing basic and translational research in close cooperation with clinicians from tertiary care hospitals and with university academicians. The Institute operates three campuses located inside or in close vicinity of highly specialised treatment facilities, thus allowing easy contact with clinicians and patients.
It is governed by a board of trustees composed by Catalan government ministers and officers, two university Presidents, local authorities and representatives of the Josep Carreras Private International Leukaemia Foundation.
The Josep Carreras Private International Leukaemia Foundation has invested more than 25.000.000 € in building and equipping the campuses facilities, including a brand new 10.000 sq. meter laboratories building. Other investments have been or are to be executed for strengthening the three campuses at Hospital Clínic, Institut Català d’Oncologia-Hospital Germans Trias I Pujol Hospital and Hospital de Sant Pau. A fourth campus will be developed in the near future in cooperation with Hospital Josep Trueta in Girona
Currently, the Institute employs more than 60 researchers in 11 research lines. More than 50 clinicians participate in the Institute’s research projects. They are financed by competitive funds, industry and European Research Council grants, donations and hard money provided by the Catalan government. The clinical services linked to the Institute develop a high number of clinical trials. Full staffing reaching more than 300 scientists will be reached by the end of 2019, after completion of laboratory space addition being executed at the moment of publishing this announcement.
The Institute has already a long list of first quartile publications and hosts ICREA researchers.
The Institute has already registered patents and participates in its first spin-off, Leukos Biotech S.L. The company is also participated by the Josep Carreras Private International Leukaemia Foundation and by venture capital investors.
Under direct reporting to the recently appointed Institute’s Director and to the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee, the Managing Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Executing the strategic, financial, human resources, marketing, communications, fund raising, investment and facilities plans as approved by the Board
- Executing all measures related to compliance, risk management and transparency
- Interacting with government officials in order to comply with regulatory requirements
- Supervising the good performance of teams and processes related to projects’ applications, research contracts and account rendering to providers of funds
- Cooperating with managers of hospitals and other research institutes with which the Institute has agreements and contracts in order to make sure that said contracts, their implementation and revision serve the purposes for which they are established
- Interacting with local authorities and other stakeholders in the communities where the Institute is present in order to develop educational and social projects
- Supporting the Director in all matters concerning the viability, efficiency and reputation of the Institute
- Cooperating with the management and staff of the Josep Carreras Private International Leukaemia Foundation in all matters concerning communications, public relations, fund raising as well as the participation of Mr. Josep Carreras in events and campaigns.
- Complying with all provisions set forth in the founding chapter and by-laws.
Presentació de les candidatures
Interested applicants should send their CV and a motivation letter: email@example.com
PLEASE PUT THE REFERENCE in the subject of the mail or your application may not reach the right person.
Deadline for applications: 27/11/2018
Candidates will be screened by a selection committee integrated by the Institute’s Director and four Board members. The Committee will issue a recommendation. Final decision will be taken by the Board of Trustees. Travel and accommodation expenses in case candidates are proposed an interview will be supported by the candidates.
The selected candidate should be in charge on January 1st.
Salary conditions to be negotiated.